This position will be responsible for the research, development, design and detailed evaluation methods required for verification and validation testing used for Transonic meters, including overseeing and analyzing the overall testing process and progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with design engineers to construct an overall design verification and validation plan to ensure design outputs meet design requirements
- Develop detailed plans and protocols to execute the overall testing plan
- Prepare validation and verification protocols for new or modified products.
- Coordinate the implementation or scheduling of validation testing with affected departments and personnel.
- Oversee the work of other test engineers and test technicians to execute those plans
- Participate in design reviews and other associated design related activities
- Ensure that all documentation for above actions are accurate and consistent with processes
- Conduct audits of validation or verification processes to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement in how Transonic performs V&V activities
- Perform other work-related duties as requested, directed or assigned by management.
- Work in close coordination with design engineers and cross-functional project teams
- Interact with other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing Engineering
- Coordinate and oversee other test resources both internal and external
Education and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires understanding of the role of statistics in design of the overall verification strategies and plans
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Able to identify potential problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Capable of coordinating and effectively directing a team for the successful execution of verification and validation activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Experience in the Medical Device or other regulated industry preferred
- Corrected normal vision and color vision are required
- Sitting, standing, walking, talking in an office, test lab, machine shop and production environments adhering to safety standards with proper use of PPE as recommended or required
- Work environment includes office setting; Test Lab, production floor
- Occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals
- Domestic travel is very minimal and only as necessary
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be subject to change to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
About this company
Transonic® offers employees the chance to make a difference. As a pioneering, high tech company, employees bring flow measurement benefits to: operating rooms where intraoperative flow measurements inform surgeons; research laboratories worldwide, setting the stage for medical advances; dialysis clinics where measurements enable proactive treatment to extend the lives of patients with kidney failure. In short, Transonic flow measurement technologies save lives.
Motivated employees enjoy an opportunity for both personal growth and professional advancement in a flexible, friendly, open, working environment. The company offers an excellent benefit package, including fully paid medical insurance, along with recognition for individual initiative and accomplishment.
Transonic’s headquarters is located in cosmopolitan Ithaca, NY, home to Cornell University and Ithaca College. Located in the unsurpassed beauty of the New York Finger Lakes region; in Ithaca, rural life and recreation interface with city sophistication and world class culture.
Location/Region: Ithaca, NY