As a Meeting Planner, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management of meetings and events of all types and sizes to assigned clients, including but not limited to, National Meetings, Advisory Board Meetings, Incentive Trips, etc. This will include significant client interaction on the development, coordination and implementation of events from inception through completion. The Meeting Planner may also serve as a Team Leader to assigned Meeting Coordinators and other staff on assigned events.
- Responsible for comprehensive project management of various meetings and events for assigned clients including:
o Recommending and finalizing site selection
o Contract negotiation defining the scope of each meeting/event
o Developing and securing budgets for each event and adhering to agreed upon budgets
o Provides Room Block Management as applicable
o Provides food and beverage menu planning for all meals and snacks provided at each event
o Coordinates Audio-Visual needs throughout each event
o Coordinates transportation arrangements for all participants in the most cost-effective and efficient manner inclusive of air travel and transport between home, airports, and venue
o Recommends and arranges entertainment, recreational activities, and décor/accessories to support successful events
o Manages On-site operations including hospitality desk and on-site staff during events from pre-open to post-close
o Post-event evaluations and reporting
o Overall management of the project timeline
- Establishes personal rapport with client representatives as assigned to develop professional relationships and gain clear understanding of client needs and expectations.
- Develop and manage all meeting communications and meeting materials inclusive of invitations, confirmations, agendas, briefing books, meeting-specific contents materials, promotional materials, etc. as required per event
- Perform site inspections as required to ensure selected venues can meet client requirements
- Conducts vendor sourcing including identification, negotiation, and contracting to meet specific client requirements
- Manage relationships with vendors, hotel staff, and other partners to ensure delivery of services as defined by client requirements
- Engages appropriate speakers as required for meetings
- Maintains attendance counts for meetings and events by recording reservations and cancellations
- Manage Meeting Coordinators, on-site staff, and other assigned staff. Provide coaching, feedback and ongoing development for optimal performance and outcomes.
- Monitor expenses to the budget while planning all events. Reconcile all program expenses and billing in the final accounting and post-program reconciliation of each event.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices to enhance meeting and event quality
- Bachelors degree in Business, Hospitality or related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Certified Meeting Planner designation desirable
- Prior experience in all elements of meeting planning. A minimum of 5 years relevant experience is required for Senior Meeting Planners.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel (intermediate level minimum); proficient in Excel formulas and mail merges
- Experience working with web-based registration tool
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to create professional business documents
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff, and all partners
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to be organized, pay attention to details, multi-task, monitor and manage multiple priorities and meet timelines on large projects from inception through completion
- Possesses a service mindset and works with the client needs in mind
- Able to stay calm, composed and professional, even under pressure, and to maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, participants, speakers, etc.
- Demonstrates expertise in all facets of site selection including researching venues, negotiating with vendors, and monitoring contracts
- Must be willing to travel, including weekend travel, ~30%
This is an in-office position. No virtual candidates will be considered.
Location/Region: Roseland, NJ