Job Purpose: This position will be the main contact for the speaker, venue and sales representative in a series of programs. They are responsible for developing positive working relationships with speakers and assigned sales force members to develop a foundation for a successful bureau. Meetings Managers will adhere to client and industry guidelines, as well as client and Evolution standard operating procedures for program management. They will work closely with Bureau support staff and be responsible for the successful logistical coordination of programs. Meetings Managers will interface with the Senior Meetings Manager to provide information and status reporting regarding the planning process. This position requires previous experience with setting up and/or moderating virtual programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the execution of ~100+ events annually including:
- Serve as primary liaison with client’s sales force and speakers regarding all events;
- Manage financials for all programs, control expenses and compliance;
- Coordinate venue program logistics, including:
- Speaker travel;
- Data entry and client communications.
- Coordinate virtual programs, including:
- Speaker confirmation
- Setup of virtual program
- Arranging pre-program calls with representative and speaker to review platform
- Moderation of the virtual program
- Deliver first class customer service in line with clients’ objectives.
- Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with regulatory, Evolution, and client-defined compliance guidelines both pre- and post-event.
- Provide event status reports regularly to the internal account and operations teams and participate in weekly status meetings.
- Proactively signal challenges and concerns, with proposed solutions, to supervisor and account team as directed.
Ensure seamless execution of ancillary program logistics and materials:
- Invitations and recruitment for programs;
- Attendee pre and post program management;
- Distribution and collection of onsite materials.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of speakers’ bureau event management experience required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Understanding of Pharma Guidelines and Sunshine Act.
- Articulate; possessing excellent oral and written communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented and capable of multi-tasking on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills desired:
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook experience;
- Basic to Intermediate level PowerPoint skills;
- Familiarity with Survey Monkey, Adobe PDF, and Email campaign tools preferred;
- Web-based database experience required, Salesforce.com a plus;
- Ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to manage stress in a professional manner and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work additional hours when necessary.
- Available via cell phone for after-hours support of dinner programs.
- Occasional onsite travel to programs.
The position is full-time on-site in our Pearl River, NY Office.
#meetingplanner #planner #meetingcoordinator #programmanager #programplanners #programcoordinator
Location/Region: Pearl River