Commercial Property Manager Job Description
New York owner-operator/developer seeks experienced Commercial Property Manager for retail shopping centers. This position will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations. Reports to Director of Property Management.
- Oversee daily site operations for multiple properties to maintain the assets in accordance with company standards and be available 24/7 in event of emergencies
- Coordinate and oversee all third-party maintenance services, including, but not limited to, trash removal, parking lot sweeping, landscaping, snow and ice removal.
- Establish scope of work, competitively bid, negotiate, and prepare contracts for execution
- Identify and address issues or problems related to life safety, liability and potential negligence situations that could impact its owner, contractors, tenants and/ or customers
- Periodically inspect property after dark to ensure site is properly lit and tenant and monument signage are functioning properly.
- Assist other departments, including, but not limited to, leasing to facilitate showing vacant spaces to prospective tenants.
- Monitor tenant operations to ensure compliance with lease/maintenance obligations. Interact regularly with tenants to ensure high level of customer service.
- Provide construction support and/or monitoring as necessary for any on-site projects, including, but not limited to, roofing, tenant renovations, new tenant buildouts, parking lot repairs to ensure work is performed to set standards
- Coordinate with utilities companies for space turn on/off or transfer of service.
- Coordinate/schedule fire suppression testing and monitoring.
- Ensure appropriate inventory systems, records, files, warranties, etc. for building elements.
- Minimum 3-5 years commercial property management experience for similar properties and functions.
- Primary residence within 2 hours of assigned properties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate clearly with both tenants and vendors, and effectively present information to management.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and respond to issues in the field.
- Ability to initiate bid requests, vendor and contractor management.
- Strong knowledge of finance and building operations with excellent analytical skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Location/Region: Nanuet, NY (US)