Core States Group is an architecture, engineering, and construction consulting firm. We specialize in designing and building facilities for Fortune 500 companies in retail, hospitality, banking, petroleum and alternative energy industries.
Summary of Position:
The Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting architectural projects under the guidance of Project Architects/Project Managers. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil, and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations. Generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Assist in maintaining task budgets.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist senior staff with the project approval process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Experience: 1-7 years of architecture production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus
- Licenses: Architectural Registration a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus
Core States Group is an integrated engineering, architecture, project management, development services and construction firm specializing in the retail, restaurant, banking, petroleum and fuel cell industries. We stand out among our competitors with our ability to service our clients from "concept-to-keys" and we are able to do it on a national level. Because of this, Core States Group has become the go-to consulting firm for many prominent Fortune 500 companies. As we continue to grow, we are looking for strong candidates with the dedication and drive to lead us to even greater successes.
Location/Region: Somerville, NJ (US)