Compensation: $67-90k base
Location: Pottsville PA
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
This position is responsible for providing engineering support to the production lines at the facility.
- Improving the baseline value of key area metrics (yield, quality, capacity, attainment) toward entitlement values through individual and team contributions
- Developing long-term solutions to eliminate reoccurring area process problems, and developing systems and standard work to maintain gains
- Daily troubleshooting of operational issues and developing methods to mistake-proof processes plant-wide
- Devising and leading cost savings projects involving energy reduction, yield improvements, and quality variation, through the plant’s Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Developing process packages to support capital projects, and working with capital engineers to implement projects
- Conducting area Process Hazard Analysis & Management of Change
- Supporting lean initiatives, improvement teams, and driving continuous improvement in the facility
- Working with sales and commercial teams to support customer needs
- Monitoring raw material usage in area using SAP, and updating product standards based on improvement efforts.
- Other work as required
• Bachelors in Engineering (Chemical / Mechanical preferred) or Physical Sciences or equivalent is required
• Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience related to production or process engineering is required.
• Six Sigma or Lean certification preferred
• 3 to 5 years of process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
• Able to manage multiple priorities
• Knowledgeable of plastic film extrusion or related converting activities
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Strong computer skills