LSK Consulting is a nationwide search firm specializing in Healthcare Software, Legal, Financial Service and the Raw Material Exploration industries.
Our client, a leader in the Medicare Secondary Payer Act/Legal Settlement Services industry has an opening for a Lien Resolution Specialist.
The Lien Resolution Specialist position is an autonomous role within a team environment and responsible for multiple stages of the healthcare lien resolution process in mass tort settlements. The position works closely with a case management database to perform varying duties, including working with spreadsheets and generating correspondence to and from Medicare, State Medicaid agencies, health insurance companies, and attorney clients.
Duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in organizing and responding to incoming correspondence on hundreds of files in mass tort settlements
- Manage and maintain active case files via telephone, e-mail and other correspondences
- Conduct health claim audits and generate Medicare final demand notices
- Negotiate final payback terms across all government and private health plan types
Here is what we are looking for:
- The ability to write concisely and persuasively
- The ability to quickly assess claims and facts
- Strong telephone skills, including the ability to discuss healthcare liens and negotiate with health claim adjusters and build rapport with attorney and paralegal clients
- Strong computer skills, especially with Outlook, MS Word, and Contact Management systems
- Above average skills in spreadsheet environments like MS Excel
- Strong claim data analysis, organization and closure skills
You should be the kind of person who has learned to balance the expectations of being self-motivated and directed, with the ability to work well with others in a team environment. This is a boutique office and everyone has a voice to suggest and collaborate with each other on implementing process improvements.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, efficient, and quick learning. Paralegal experience with personal injury claims or work experience with mass torts, claim adjusting or handling large volumes of files a plus.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate with a background in settlement or collections.
2+ years' legal experience and familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
A dedication to attendance and punctuality is highly valued.
Healthcare lien resolution is a specific area of law. Any necessary legal and claim auditing training will be provided.
Payroll Type: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $40,000 - $48,000 with bonus potential