Director Human Resources
Manage the overall firm's operations of Human Resources services including, benefit administration, recruitment, policy implementation, compensation, administration, employee relations, payroll, and employee development while maintaining and enhancing the firm's culture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all responsibilities, services, and activities ethically, competently, efficiently, and honestly, in keeping with applicable labor law and firm policies, including those set forth in Coughlin & Gerhart LLP's policy manual
- Work in collaboration with 21 Partners and over 30 associate & Of Counsel attorneys assisting in all Human Resources related areas
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure organization's compliance
- Maintain responsibility for the organization's compliance with federal, state and local legislative laws
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor all personnel related files (paper & electronic) for required documentation
- Update and communicate changes in the firm's personnel policies and procedures manual and ensure that proper compliance is followed
- Manage all benefits administration for the firm and ensure proper communication to all personnel
- Direct management to 70+ hourly staff
- Document and deliver all hourly personnel's annual reviews
- Assist Management with firm's administration and organization of wage and salary program
- Recommend, evaluate, and participate in staff development for the organization
- Handle all personnel matters and consults with legal counsel as appropriate
- Manage right staffing for the firm along with the firm's on-boarding processes
- Responsible for all discipline and discharge of non-exempt personnel
- Manage human resources for all satellite offices including personnel matters related to mergers and acquisitions
- Maintain all safety/security guidelines for each location
- Monitor and manage workflow/coverage for all non-exempt staff
- Manage, maintain, and educate all personnel on the firm's disability programs/workers' compensation
- Participate in Management Committee meetings, Practice Group meetings, Staff meetings
- Implement and coordinate marketing actions in conjunction with Managing Partner and Administrative Assistant. Active role in representing the firm in the community.
- Coordinate firm events
- Additional duties assigned by Management Committee
- Associates required, Bachelors Preferred.
- Solid HR Knowledge/experience.
- Management Experience.
- Time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal/written/verbal skills.
Location/Region: Binghamton, NY