Award-winning, trendy downtown Harrisburg restaurant is currently seeking a personable, service driven Restaurant Manager with opportunity for advancement to General Manager.
The candidate should possess a passion for great food and wine to be served with outstanding customer service. As a key leader in our business, this person must have an eye for detail, consistency, and genuinely emit care and hospitality while maintaining professionalism.
We offer an exciting opportunity for you to become the face of an award-winning brand, and lead a dynamic and passionate team of service professionals in a current, modern restaurant concept that will enable you to grow personally and professionally.
- Directly supervises front of the house employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable food service laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees the general operations of the dining room during dinner service, as well as the bar and cocktail service staff during operating hours.
- Ensures facility is clean, orderly, and prepared for dinner service.
- Organizes work schedules for employees, ensuring appropriate coverage.
- Conducts walk-throughs prior to opening, checking for proper maintenance and set up of dining area, and service staff.
- Responsible for all meals being served properly, and according to the established policies and procedures.
- Assists with duties of service staff as needed to ensure guest expectations and service standards are consistently met.
- Monitors food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards, and portion control.
- Before closing, checks the entire facility to verify it meets cleanliness and security standards.
- Inspects establishment and observes workers and patrons to ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- Completes all administrative requirements in a timely manner.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have at least 1-2 years of restaurant management experience, preferably in an upscale restaurant or a degree in hospitality with equivalent serving experience
- Strong leadership and strategic management skills
- Ability to drive performance and success
- Prior familiarity with Pos-i-touch, Open Table software systems highly preferred
- Solid knowledge of wine a plus
Our organization offers competitive wages, the flexibility of an independently owned and operated business, professional development, and voluntary benefits.