Join Our Team
Senior Global Vehicle Technician/DOT (Mechanic)
Now hiring in New York City, New York
Ready for career advancement opportunities and a supportive environment where you are empowered to be your best?
If the answer is "yes," join FedEx Express!
FedEx Express is seeking a Senior Global Vehicle Technician/DOT (Mechanic) to run a shop and a fleet of trucks to repair and maintain within an innovative organization where your voice and input is valued. Whether it is completing the necessary paperwork, placing reorders and/or repairing trucks, you are the person that will make it all happen!
You will be in charge of everything associated with running a field operation and keeping a fleet in impeccable order, such as:
• Conducting maintenance, repairs and preventive inspections
• Troubleshooting vehicles and equipment
• Documenting work in VURR, VAGIS, FAMIS, etc.
• Ensuring work is in accordance with OSHA and DOT standards
• Guiding and supporting a staff of technicians and trainees
• Maintaining an adequate inventory of materials
Along with a seise of ownership and high energy, the right professional has:
•A HS Diploma or GED
• At least four years of relevant experience and vocational training (fleet, automotive, heavy equipment, truck/vehicle maintenance)
• Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools, gauges, testing /troubleshooting equipment, hydraulics, and diesel engines
• Qualifications per Section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations
• Ability to pass an FHWA/FAA mandated medical exam and regulatory alcohol and blood testing
• Capacity to work independently steadily, and to lift/maneuver heavy equipment
• A valid driver's license
• A complete set of your own hand tools, including metric sizes.
So, if you have always wanted the freedom to run a shop, FedEx Express has that shop waiting just for you.
Pay rate - $27.47 per hour
Addition premium pay for Master Tech qualification
Learn more and apply online at https://careers.fedex.com/express and search job for RC64062 & RC64067.
Location/Region: Edison, NJ (US - 08837)