PRN Social Worker - Healthcare Paid Per Visit First Shift
West Brandywine, PA
Brookdale Home Health is looking for a PRN Social Worker to provide home health support services to within Bucks County, our Northampton and Dublin buildings, and surrounding areas including Central and Lower Bucks Counties and parts of central and eastern Montgomery counties.
A career with Brookdale Healthcare Services has never been so rewarding! Brookdale Home Health is ranked among the Top Ten largest home heath companies in the country. Many of our agencies carry a five-star rating and are recognized by Decision Health as Home Care Elite agencies. We own and operate more than 80+ agencies nationwide, serving approximately 17,000 patients throughout our Brookdale Home Health Division.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
Brookdale Healthcare Services is looking for a Home Health Social Worker to provide services in the West Brandywine area. Join a dynamic team of health care providers focused on health, wellness and prevention for all our patients.
* Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment. Communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group. Provides an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assists when it is not safe and another plan is required.
* Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high-risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
* Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed regarding stress and other identified coping difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
* Assesses for, and educates interdisciplinary group, on any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family. Includes communication, role of family, space, and any special traditions or taboos.
* Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
* Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
* Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies. Ensures seamless home care services by providing direct oversight and coordination of care with other clinical service providers.
* Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
* Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Brookdale Healthcare Services Hospice.
* Directs all daily patient social service operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of social service policies.
* Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and CHAP social service regulatory requirements.
* Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family, and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stresses on the symptoms of the terminal illness.
* Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities
Required skills and qualifications:
* Masters Social Worker degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
* One year of experience in a health care setting required.
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Location/Region: West Brandywine,PA