At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Development Officer III
within PNC's Business Credit
organization, you will be based in Philadelphia, PA
- Leads business development activities for credit-based products through active solicitation and cultivation of more complex new client relationships in an assigned market area. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Prospects, maintains and strengthens a network. This includes dialogues with sponsor groups, financial intermediaries, businesses, accountants, attorneys, banks, and additional Centers of Influence.
- Performs more complex credit structuring and analyzes financial information to determine if the client's financing requirements meet PNC parameters. Manages risk/return and actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk for new clients, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
- Develops comprehensive financing package structured to meet client needs, drive client acceptance and deepen share of wallet.
- Coordinates credit underwriting, due diligence and loan documentation with internal and external partners.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Customer Experience Management. - Working Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Prospecting. - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify and engage potential opportunities in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
Sales Negotiating - Working Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Financial Engineering - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and practices for creating a mix of financial instruments that will leverage a client's financial resources to an acceptable level of risk.
Competitive Environment - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Selling. - Working Experience
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Commercial Lending and Marketing experience is preferred.
ABL (Asset Based Lending) experience is preferred.Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA