TheNarcotics Pharmacy Floor Technician assists the Pharmacist with labeling, filling,preparing, compounding, dispensing, organizing, quality and inventory
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assisting thePharmacist with labeling/filling prescriptions
- Accuratelypreparing prescriptions under the Pharmacist’s supervision
- Compoundingmedications (Creams/Ointments/Suspensions)
- Packaging Rxlabels using Frameworks system
- Packagingmedications in bottles or bingo cards for dispensing and for delivery
- Organizing thepharmacy shelves (Drugs, supplies, etc.)
- Removing out ofdate items from inventory/shelves
- Attention todetail
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
There is no supervisoryresponsibility for this position
This position operatesin a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacyequipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rollingcarts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in thelong-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that should be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hoursper day
- The employee is occasionally required tosit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawlintermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours asneeded
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performingthe essential functions of this role
Please note this jobdescription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee forthis job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
The is no travel expected for thisposition
Education and Experience
- High schooldegree or GED is required
- Able to workindependently as well as in a diverse, team environment
- Able to stand onfeet for 8 hours
- PharmacyTechnician educational course work preferred
- Reliable, ableto work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellentcommunication skills, professional demeanor
- Registeredtechnician or registration should be in the process in applicable state
- One year or moreof Long Term Care or Retail pharmacy experience preferred but not necessary
Behind every scriptthere is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is aseamless pharmacy experience. AtPharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision,persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents,patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing adiverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard togender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexualorientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, stateor local law.