ThePharmacy Floor Technician picks, labels, scans and otherwise prepares thefinished prescription for final verification by a pharmacist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fills daily drugorders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision ofa pharmacist
- Assists inprocessing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure
- Assist inprepacking frequently ordered medications, label and store, as needed duringlow volume times
- Packagesmaterials and products manually
- Pull/pickmedications from shelving and other medication storage areas (prepack racks)
- Applies labelsto blistercards or artromick boxes then scans product for accuracy check
- Alertspharmacist on duty of any medication/product that is not scanning properly
- Maintainsdesignated workstation areas and replenishes all stock supplies needed
- Follow allapplicable government regulations including HIPPA
- Overtime,holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected
- Complies withdepartmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
- Other duties asassigned
- Attention todetail
- Decision Making
There is no supervisoryresponsibility for this position.
This position operatesin a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacyequipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rollingcarts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in thelong-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that should be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hoursper day
- The employee is occasionally required tosit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawlintermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours asneeded
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this role
Please note this jobdescription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee forthis job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
The is no travel expected for thisposition
Education and Experience
- High schooldiploma or GED is required.
- One year or moreof Long Term Care or Retail pharmacy experience preferred but not necessary
- Ability to workat a moderate speed
- Ability to read,write, speak and understand English
- Someone reliableand will be able to work during inclement weather
- Registeredtechnician or registration should be in the process
Behind every scriptthere is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is aseamless pharmacy experience. AtPharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision,persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents,patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing adiverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard togender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexualorientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, stateor local law.