Job Title: Manager Legal Research Group
Salary: $80,000 - $125,000 + Commissions (5% of revenue)
We are a global, full-service Market Research Company delivering insights to our clients for over 30 years. We design research protocols from simple to complicated advanced analytics.
Bachelor’s degree - minimum
5 –10 years market research project experience required – preferably supplier side, client facing
5+ years legal research experience required, specifically: Intellectual property, Copyright/Trademark infringement or Claims substantiation
Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel required - Familiarity with Quantum, SPSS a plus
Strong attention to detail as well as strong written and oral communication skills required
The Manager Legal Research Group is responsible for:
- Experience executing research used in expert witness testimony
- Sales and service of legal research studies.
- Design and overseeing projects
- Developing new clients.
- Current client base is marketing professors who are expert witnesses. They are hired by law firms.
- Need to expand base, and extend reach directly to intellectual property departments of large law firms.
- Must have experience in understanding what the courts expect.
- Driving business growth
- Interacting with all clients
- Should have relationships with intellectual property people at law firms and senior level relationships at various corporations
- Oversee and direct all research activities
- Must understand and be thoroughly experienced with Legal Research, what the courts will accept and be able to work with the witness to design the research
- Also be able to anticipate and understand what the other sides research will look like in order to prepare properly to win.
- This individual should work well with others and demonstrate the ability to lead a team.
- The candidate should be willing to take initiative, be a “people” person and possess the ability to grow the business.
Direct and oversee all staff to ensure the below operations are completed in a professional and timely manner
Questionnaire designing and formatting (includes pre-coding)
Reviewing questionnaires and making revisions
Overseeing production and fielding of projects
Tab and banner spec development
Reviewing and approving open-ended code frames
Checking data tables including weighting if applicable
Assisting in the production of reports and presentations
Communicating regularly with fellow team members (Field, Coding, Production, Tab) to ensure all information is accurate and complete
Maintaining weekly schedule and updating internal reports
May work remotely from time to time – to review, write proposals, meet with clients, etc.
We offer all the perks from a small company.
Collegial environment and everything done in house
Benefits are better than the industry average
We are an employee owned company
Comp: $80-125k + Commission (5% of revenue)
Sliding scale commissions
Pay commissions quarterly. Based on payment of clients.
Amount depends – more base salary, lower commission.