At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Compliance Program Specialist Sr
within PNC's Risk Management
organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or Philadelphia, PA
. The ideal candidate would have a CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional) certification
or experience with data privacy laws.Job Profile
- Plans the execution of compliance programs to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Develops ability to constructively challenge conclusions/status quo.
- Supports key business initiatives by analyzing data to identify compliance risks. Assists in providing resolutions to manage and mitigate the identified risks. If necessary, escalates identified risks to senior team members. Identifies compliance impact on matters such as marketing materials, sales programs, product development, documentation review and other business initiatives.
- Assesses activity for existing and emerging risks. Evaluates the materiality of the risks identified. Researches current laws, rules, and other regulatory requirements and drafts or assesses Compliance Manuals, Front Office materials, policies and procedures to ensure alignment.
- Manages the compliance monitoring program and reviews activity to ensure it falls within established risk control limits. Leads the execution of the Compliance program objectives for assigned area, products/services, and applicable regulations. Communicates and socializes compliance program objectives to business partners. Independently challenges analyses and formulates recommendations.
- Edits compliance reports. Analyzes the reports to identify deeper issues, escalates through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Assists in updating or implementing new/enhanced reports in order to ensure timely and effective compliance with regulatory requirements.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Internal Controls - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE FUNCTION - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
Fraud Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.
Auditing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of organization's internal audit processes, practices and methods.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA