3:30 pm - 7:30 pm, Monday to Friday
To maintain the facility and equipment in an uncompromised state of readiness, regarding all GMP, safety and professional quality standards, and to inspect, maintain, repair, rebuild and modify as directed any/all equipment, facility or facility ancillary equipment. To maintain the waste water treatment facility to assure compliant processing of facility waste water.
- Maintain buildings and facility systems including water, refrigeration, HVAC, air and fire systems.
- Troubleshoot recurring breakdowns for prevention and recommend procedure changes.
- Utilize any/all testing equipment or diagnostic skills to determine real cause of problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC systems including replacing belts and filters and coil cleaning.
- Perform roof maintenance including preventive maintenance, minor repairs and drain maintenance.
- Perform refrigeration tower preventive maintenance.
- Monitor boiler and cooling tower water treatment including maintaining logs.
- Complete minor building repairs, painting, lamp replacement, minor electrical repairs, replacement of pumps, motors, etc.
- Maintain thorough documentation of all work performed utilizing maintenance management software.
- Maintain knowledge of waste water treatment plant operation as back-up primary operator.
- Assist maintenance mechanics in support of production, as needed.
- Maintain clean and safe work area at all times and follow GMP’s.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, and housekeeping functions to assure proper operation of the waste water treatment plant and related sump feed system.
- Maintain proper chemical tolerance of the waste water treatment plant .
- Perform preventive maintenance on the waste water treatment plant.
- Respond to issues with the operation of the ammonia refrigeration system.
- Maintain current and accurate log of operation, including specific water and chemical readings in accordance with municipal requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a maintenance environment.
- High school diploma or GED required; formal technical training preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude. Must pass in-house mechanical aptitude test(s).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Knowledge in electrical, mechanical, HVAC, basic computer operations, safety procedures, welding, plumbing and refrigeration.
- Ability to wear personal respirator and/or self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Self-starter who can work as team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all staff.
- Willingness and availability to work overtime or on an emergency “on call” basis.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and converse) in order to receive written and verbal job and safety instructions, and comprehend hazardous material labeling.
In 1979, in Reading, Pennsylvania, Sandy Solmon started baking cookies in a 2-bay garage. Tirelessly testing recipes and ingredients, she struck the perfect balance: a harmonization of flavor, texture, and the elusive dimension of artfulness that separates good cookies from great ones. As her cookies caught on and the following for her small production grew, Sandy’s dessert portfolio expanded and Sweet Street Desserts was born.
Today, Sweet Street is the leading innovator in the dessert industry. We’re still owned and operated by Sandy and headquartered in Reading where Sandy is also the head of research and development, leading a team of like-minded, passionate researchers and recipe developers who now bake for restaurants in over 60 countries, on every continent.
In 2014, we established a new manufacturing facility in Greenville, South Carolina, allowing us to expand production capacity and more easily and efficiently reach our growing customer base in markets across North and South America
Though Sweet Street’s reach is global, our passion for artful food and dedication to quality and innovation remains the motivation behind every one of our products. The sweetness of dessert is beloved by every culture on this planet of ours. In this spirit, all of us at Sweet Street invite you to a culinary experience destined to be shared with cherished family and friends.
Location/Region: Reading, PA (US)