In this position you will be responsible for laboratory scale testing on sensors, monitors, and control systems for both new product development and product release in accordance with the company’s quality assurance standards. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs factory acceptance testing of process sensors and monitors used in critical processes in the biotechnology industry by following company procedures and protocols.
- Assists in interpreting, analyzing, and organizing data results to improve future experiments.
- Maintains accurate data records and periodically prepare technical reports for product R&D.
- Ensures all products meet industry standards and customer acceptance criteria.
- Works within the requirements of an ISO 9001 Quality Management System and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assists with various technical business functions as required.
- Extensive use of multimeters, metrology instruments, and knowledge of electrical signal concepts.
- Must be able to document results in MS spreadsheets and produce visual graphs as well as written reports.
- Must be comfortable working in a challenging, fast pace environment, meeting deadlines and delivering high quality products.
- Needs to be able to work independently and be a self-starter when needed.
- Needs to be able to work successfully as part of a production team.
- Must have a technical degree in Science or Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, chemical).
- Needs at least 3 years of production experience with electronic instruments or 3 years of related equipment lab work experience
- Must have hands on lab environment skills with proven experience
- Needs to be computer proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
PendoTECH offers low-cost, single use in-line sensors for pressure, temperature, conductivity, UV absorbance & flow (that are also robust enough for re-use!). They have complementary monitors/transmitters and are targeted towards biotech process development & manufacturing. Advanced systems are also available for automation and data collection.
Location/Region: Trenton, NJ (US)