Job Purpose: Director/Senior Director, Meetings and Events will be responsible for working in conjunction with the SVP of Operations to drive the growth of the meetings and events capabilities for Maestro360 as well as provide hands-on logistical coordination and execution of pharmaceutical meetings and events projects as needed. This role will include driving the strategy and execution of new and organic business opportunities and include identifying opportunities to introduce Evolution/Maestro’s broader capabilities where possible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to identify opportunities for Maestro360’s meetings and events team by reaching out to industry contacts to facilitate introductions and/or working to identify other avenues to promote Maestro360.
- Work collaboratively with Evolution’s customers, meetings/events management team, and inter-agency teams to successfully execute meetings, events, and conventions in alignment with customer expectations, project scope and budget.
- Hands-on management of project logistics including the below, which will vary by project type and customer:
- Secure rooms & manage room blocks.
- Source, negotiate and secure meeting and event space, including any required equipment and staging needs.
- Track program attendance as required using company or client preferred system.
- Send out client and customer confirmations which provide complete logistical information.
- Work with travel agency to coordinate itineraries for client and faculty attendees.
- Coordinate and track all shipments of meeting and convention materials.
- Participate in booth planning with exhibit house/ partners/ client to meet all deadlines.
- Identify & schedule booth staff as needed.
- Provide onsite support for meetings and conventions, including pre-meeting prep, day-of project oversight, and post program activities.
- Develop relationships with key association contacts on site to grow relationships on behalf of clients (existing and future).
- Provide feedback post-show to be included in future recommendations to client.
- Work with in-house IT team to develop and manage program-specific registration portals
- Build rapport with healthcare professionals and clients through clear, thorough communications.
- Interact with clients and internal account leads pre-program and on-site to develop strong working relationships that foster trust and provide opportunity for organic growth of the account.
- Travel to customer sites and meetings/conventions as needed
- Position may have up to 5 direct reports in the future
- Individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, who have a drive for success, growth, and building long-term professional relationships
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in pharmaceutical meetings/events/conventions management (booths/sponsored events, receptions, and symposium).
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialization in meetings, conventions, hospitality, or tourism preferred.
- CMP or CTSM certification preferred
- Significant experience in executing meeting types such as advisory boards, speaker training meetings, and convention activities.
- Proven experience managing: hotel and restaurant contract negotiations, convention room blocks, group and individual transportation, and A/V equipment, lighting and staging.
- Previous successful experience working directly with pharmaceutical clients and congress/associations, with the ability to leverage these relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with absolute commitment to quality.
- Proficient in MS Office Software, especially Excel, PPT and Adobe Pro.
Position is full time, based in the Pearl River, NY office. Candidates will travel on average 1-3 times per month to client offices and/or meeting venues both nationally and internationally.
Location/Region: Pearl River