We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our commercial lending department in Fort Washington, PA.
Transactional experience with financial institutions, commercial lending, or SBA lending is preferred; willingness to work independently while also being a team player is a necessity.
Legal Assistant Job Duties:
• Keeps matters organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into practice management software; communicating matter status with attorney.
• Helps prepare loan matters by collecting due diligence, preparing documents, recording documents, ordering title and searches.
• Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating loan progress.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the job.
Legal Assistant Skills:
Communication Skills, Administration Skills, Word Processing and Proofreading Skills, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability
In addition to Microsoft Office, we use Worldox for document management, PDFdocs for document preparation and Practicemaster for case management. Knowledge of these programs is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We invite you to apply to our firm by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for our consideration.
Starfield & Smith has a nationally recognized practice in SBA 7(a) and 504 lending, including, loan closings, portfolio audits, regulatory compliance, loan work outs and liquidation. We are proud to be considered a progressive law firm that is focused on the development and implementation of best practices, both for our clients and for our team. With offices in Fort Washington, PA and Maitland, FL, our team works in a highly collaborative fashion.