Anatomical Laboratory Technician will participate as a productive team member to execute Science Care policies, procedures, job duties, standards, quality, and metrics within the human tissue recovery laboratory.
The technician will report to the Laboratory Supervisor and assist with daily operations. The technician will perform the following laboratory tasks: donor screening and blood draws, physical assessments of donors, human tissue recovery and processing, documentation and logging, human tissue storage and human tissue tracking, hazardous waste disposal, and cleaning. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is a great opportunity to work in an anatomical laboratory setting and utilize clinical, biological, medical, and surgical applications. In addition this position is very interactive and hands on within the laboratory.
Scope and Responsibilities:
● Support the mission, vision, values of Science Care. Independently perform all daily, weekly, and monthly laboratory activities and adherence to all policies and procedures while performing job functions, such as blood draws, donor physical assessments, human tissue recovery and processing, human tissue storage and tracking, and cleaning.
● Demonstration of sense of urgency and assurance of consistent achievement of quality standards. Actively participates in quality program activities.
● Ability to perform Low Post Procurements on a STAT basis
● Hold themselves and teammates accountable for achieving personal and departmental standards and goals.
● Utilize and enforce safe lab practices and maintain a clean working environment and facility standards.
● In-depth understanding of software programs: Great Plains, MS Office.
● Complete, process, and maintain controlled documentation accurately and timely.
● Perform project summaries.
● Availability for before/after hours and weekend laboratory duties when needed.
● Additional assigned tasks to include distribution and event duties as needed.
● Bachelor's degree in science field or other appropriate related field.
● Minimum of 1+years of relevant progressive work experience in laboratory, clinical applications, and healthcare, biological or medical sciences, or combination thereof.
● Individual who is self-motivated, professional, detail oriented; with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and has the ability to multi-task several projects and work in fast paced environment.
● Proven ability to work well with autonomy, flexibility, and function successfully in a team environment. Ability to work in a fast paced working environment.
● Strong knowledge of human/gross anatomy
● Working knowledge of AATB standards, medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, patient charts, lab results, gross anatomy, and surgical applications or willingness to learn.
● Commitment to superior quality and professional service.
● Ability to professionally manage confidential information.
Science Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Science Care is a growing company and we are looking for talented, hard-working individuals that really want to add value to humanity by helping others. Whole body donation helps directly to advance medicine and improve patient outcomes today and in the future. If you would like the opportunity to utilize your skills in a positive, life-affirming, service-oriented company check out the current Science Care job offerings.