The Sourcing & Procurement Group (SPG) is accountable for effectively leveraging Prudential’s buying power and helping to mitigate vendor risk. To do this, SPG partners with the Business Units and Corporate Functions in a highly collaborative process to select, contract and manage vendors.
Sourcing and procurement functions are mostly centralized in SPG and led by the Chief Procurement Officer. Our domestic vendor spend has been classified into industry-standard procurement categories, assigned to and owned by Category Managers.
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for developing, managing and executing the sourcing strategy for the conference and meeting vendor spend under the direction of the category lead. You will pursue savings opportunities and business unit/corporate center demand requirements through tactical and strategic sourcing initiatives. You will also source and evaluate vendors against business requirements and recommend the appropriate vendor to provide the desired outcome within budget parameters.
• 5-7 years professional work experience with a minimum of 4 years in a meeting/conference procurement and/or vendor management function
• Excellent analytical ability to quickly gather facts, perform root cause analysis, draw conclusions and recommend appropriate course of action
• Strong relationship management skills with ability to partner and build professional relationships in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to build consensus and act as an independent arbiter to achieve sourcing outcomes that meet business requirements without sacrificing service or increasing risk/cost
• Experience negotiating, reviewing and evaluating vendor agreements
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and bring them to resolution and to adapt to an ever-changing environment
• Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with team members, vendors and senior management
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
• Professional designation (CMP) a plus
• Cvent experience preferred
Location/Region: Newark, NJ