- Harrisburg company with 16 years insuring trucks seeks motivated, career minded individual.
- No prior insurance experience required.
- The successful candidate will learn all aspects of commercial underwriting from a small experienced staff of professionals with a combined 130+ years in this specialized field.
- The job focuses on assisting underwriting, but the Underwriting Assistant will work closely with Claims, Accounting and IT.
- Competitive pay and benefits including education assistance for those wishing to go far.
- Immediate availability.
- Monday through Friday - no weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in writing and over the phone is an absolute must.
- Good people skills including ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships under occasionally stressful circumstances is required. Must work well within a team.
- Must be willing to perform not too challenging tasks in the beginning before moving on to more complex duties. This is a “learn as you earn” position.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
- BA or BS degree is a plus.
- MS Word and MS Excel proficiency is required.
This is an excellent springboard for someone who is interested in a career in the insurance industry.
Location/Region: Harrisburg, PA