The human resource assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers phones for the HR department.
- Handles employment application intake.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and Supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with new-employee orientations.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Prepares job postings.
- Responds to reference checks and verification's of employee status.
- Assists the Manager with HR projects.
- Assists with benefits administration.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
- Verbal and written skills.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, with occasional overtime during busy season.
Local travel to various work sites is sometimes required.
Required Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required, plus three years of office/clerical support experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Employment Law
- Benefit Administration
- Speak and write Spanish
Monday through Friday; 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM; paid weekly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour