The Grounds/Maintenance Crew Member is responsible for the maintenance of all landscaping and outdoor common areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Edge and mow grass regularly to prevent overgrowth
· Perform daily blow down of sidewalks, parking lots and playground areas
· Perform minor and routine maintenance on all grounds equipment and vehicles
· Keep all school campus grounds in a clean and orderly condition
· Maintain all outdoor trash receptacles to ensure that debris is kept to a minimum at all times
· Pick up and disposes of litter daily throughout the property
· Maintain all other landscapes and outdoor common areas
· Maintain wood carpet levels in all playgrounds
· Assists other grounds and maintenance workers as needed and/or assigned
· Drain cleaning
· Deliver packages
· Snow removal
· Climb ladder up to 40 feet in height
· Conduct daily maintenance checks on grounds equipment to ensure everything is in safe working order and good repair
· Maintain grounds equipment maintenance records
· Operate snow plows, tractors, front end loader, spreaders, aerators, rollers, mowers, rotary, walk behind mowers, zero turn mowers, hedge trimmers and string trimmers
· Perform daily assignments and projects set by the department supervisor
· Stay in direct contact with the department supervisor and report any maintenance problems in a timely manner
· Maintain security in school building in accordance with school policy procedures
· Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to communicate both effectively, both verbal and written, with all School constituents to coordinate activities and projects, resolves issues and conflicts and exchange information regarding maintenance, care and use of grounds.
· Possess the ability to operate all related machinery and equipment.
· Prior operating knowledge of/or ability to learn SchoolDude ticketing system and MS Office products.
· Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect community safety.
· Dependable and cooperative.
· High School Graduate or GED preferred
· Experience 3-4 years and fundamental knowledge of mechanical equipment used (lawn mower, edger, weed trimmer, tractor mower, vehicle, post hole digger, chain saw, tractor accessories, ladders, dry line maker, paint field striper, snow plow, hand tools and power tools)
· Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays for snow removal and emergencies
· Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable
Grounds/Maintenance Crew Members need to be in good physical shape due to the strenuous nature of the job.
· Be able to stand and walk for most of the day.
· Ability to lift 70 lbs.
· Requires physical exertion to manually lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
· Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching
· Requires climbing and balancing
· Must work indoors and outdoors all year-round
· Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
· Must be able to drive a mechanical vehicle
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Must successfully complete all state, federal and child abuse clearances.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Germantown Friends School is a Quaker, independent, co-educational day school serving 900 students in grades K-12. Located in northwest Philadelphia, the school takes its identity from a constellation of four distinct elements: a vibrant intellectual community, an historic urban setting, a diverse school community and a grounding in Quaker principles.
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are especially encouraged to apply. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.germantownfriends.org