Our client is a 45+ year old world industry leader located in the upper Hudson Valley in New York State. They pride themselves on providing a high level of customer service and specialize in handling both small and large custom projects. Recent expansion has allowed them to create a functional lab, showroom and facility to demonstrate their state-of-the-art equipment.
Reporting to the engineering manager, they are looking to hire engineers who are proactive in assisting customers in design and planning, and who will react promptly to customer projects, needs and schedules.
Designs, develops and completes major engineering projects with minimal or no supervision, working independently. Together with the engineering staff, will provide technical assistance and direction to less experienced engineers, as needed.
1. Create mechanical designs per project constraints for time, cost and performance.
2. Supervise and oversee project completion related to estimating hours, mechanical design, coordinating with electrical design and PLC programming with electrical engineering.
3. Responsible for project management, reporting and documentation, assembly support and bill of materials.
4. Report status of projects in accordance with engineering production schedule at weekly meetings.
5. Estimate custom machines and optics for sales staff, such as, materials, engineering and manufacturing hours, etc.
6. Work closely with suppliers to stay informed of new and upcoming products to enhance present machines and future needs.
7. Work with customers from inception, point of sale, support, to completion of project.
1. An engineering degree, preferably a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, who is ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) eligible.
2. Should have 2 to 3 years-experience in a similar position.
3. Sound understanding of mechanical design, drawing practices, geometric tolerances, and dimensioning related to machine tool design.
4. Sound software knowledge - Excel, Solid model experience, and Microsoft Windows.
5. Excellent communication skills, verbal, and written, coupled with good listening skill.
Respond to Consultant
Mr. Brown with resume, salary history and salary requirements.