A leading manufacturing company is seeking a Corporate Environmental Specialist to lead their company wide environmental programs out of their Reading, PA site. This business invests heavily in its environmental programs and has developed a strong environmental culture in which all levels of the company participate. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Interpreting regulations and permit requirements into developed and implemented programs and guidance to ensure site compliance across the US
- Manages, develops, and submits permit renewals, modifications, and other activities as necessary
- Maintains and submits accurate compliance reports and records
- Serves as the technical expert on all matters relating to the company wide environmental programs
- 2+ years in a manufacturing role with environmental experience.
- Strong working knowledge of US regulations pertaining to environmental compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, EHS, or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others
Shirley Parsons are global leaders in EHS recruitment, search and staffing services. We are an ever-growing global EHS talent network built on long-term relationships, industry knowledge, and geographic expansion.
We act as career coaches to EHS professionals and partners to organisations looking to attract the best EHS talent. Together, we can help create sustainable prosperity through business improvement, safer work environments, and enhanced wellbeing.
Location/Region: Reading, PA (US)