We are seeking a Motor Shop Service Technician to join our team! You will maintain and repair industrial production and processing machinery.
- Repair, install, and adjust industrial machinery .
- At customer sites – inspect and assess motors and related equipment for service and repairs. This includes visual inspections, electrical testing and vibration, infrared and flow analysis.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment
- Travel to customer sites, which may include overnight stays.
- Perform approved repairs and servicing that may include disassembling, mechanical repairs, cleaning, replacement of parts, reassembling balancing, laser alignment, installation of motors and related equipment and testing.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance, including vibration analysis
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion
- Inform manager and /or customer of any additional needed repairs/servicing or delays in services/repairs.
- Pick up and deliver required parts for work at customer sites with company vehicles.
- At shop – perform repairs and service on motors, gearboxes, pumps and other related equipment and motor rewinding.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields
- High School Diploma or equivalent and applicable mechanical/technical experience required.
- Two year degree from a technical school or certificate from an industrial program preferred.
- Military mechanical/technical experience desired.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Promote the company’s mission and values with effective, professional interactions at all times with customers, employees and vendors.
- Complete all work on time and to customer specifications.
- Minimize re-work and waste in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain current, valid driver’s license meeting DOT motor vehicle operating requirements.
- Operate all equipment within specified guidelines.
- Follow all safety rules at company and customer work sites. Report unsafe conditions and/or defective equipment promptly.
- Respond to all company and customer requests in a timely manner. Accept company phone rotation. On call 24/7.
- Ability to stand frequently and extensively.
- Ability to climb, reach and carry equipment as needed.
- Ability to lift between 50-100 lbs as required.
- Ability to work in extreme (hot and cold) temperatures and weather conditions.
- Recommend any opportunities for additional customer services and onsite/shop operational improvements.
- Accept related work assignments.
Troy Industrial Solutions is in the business of fixing and maintaining industrial equipment. We get machinery back online fast and safely and then make sure that things run predictably and efficiently from that point forward. We have the facilities, service fleet, in-house parts stock and expertise to tackle virtually any repair and maintenance need.
Troy Industrial Solutions is headquartered in Watervliet, New York, with a New England service center in Ansonia, CT, a sales office, warehouse operation and fabrication shop in Brewer, ME, and a sales office and warehouse operation in Salem, NH.
Location/Region: Newburgh, NY (US)