Do you thrive in a fast pace environment where you are faced with challenges and shifting priorities? Are you an enthusiastic individual who is a decisive self-starter with the competitive drive to win? If you prefer a professional workplace where you can meet new people and focus on all aspects of growing a business then we are looking for you be a Distribution Manager.
- Coordinate fleet moves throughout the entire Philadelphia area.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of wholesale and turnback units to the appropriate auctions to reduce vehicle deletion time.
- Supervise a large staff of unionized transporters and manage productivity to reduce costs, enhance customer service and improve performance.
- Help to manage the in-fleeting process.
- Work in conjunction with the Fleet and Contribution (yield) departments to ensure the pool is making the correct “move” decisions based on contributory rentals.
- Complete a variety off administrative responsibilities including but not limited to working in conjunction with ERS, locating missing cars, maintaining non-revenue vehicle reporting, verifying wholesales / turnbacks, opening and receiving purchase orders and tow tickets, requesting vehicle titles, assisting with regional re-marketing efforts and answered all fleet related questions for the field as they arise.
Mandatory Requirements Candidates need to have: Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
- Ability to drive multiple types of vehicles (automatic)
- Ability to project professional appearance.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage in verbal interactions with customers.
- Strong sales skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Properly manage employees including; training, developing, setting expectations, and disciplining.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to carry out additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management due to operational needs.
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedules, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as required
EEO Statement Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)