Counselor / Therapeutic Support
Looking for a great job in Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, Human Services, or Psychology with the leading provider of Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy for over 30 years?
We are currently hiring for several Counselor / Therapeutic Support positions!
The primary role of the Counselor/Therapeutic Support Staff is to assist individuals with developing various skills in order to be as independent as possible in their home and community. Because every individual receives tailored services based on their special needs, each day is unique. Staff work with 1 - 3 individuals a day for 3+ hours each, depending on the person's needs. All services are provided in the Client's home, community, work or volunteer location. Staff might work on any of the following areas with the individuals they serve:
· Developing compensatory memory strategies and system
· Assisting with budgeting bill paying, planning, and scheduling
· Developing consistent problem solving skills for everyday problems
· Promoting initiation and follow through of activities
· Supporting effective communication and social skills
· Accessing and navigating the community safely
· Developing natural supports and providing family and community education
· Teaching study skills and academic organization
· Facilitating vocational preparedness, including support with volunteering and competitive employment
Main Line Rehabilitation Associates offers fringe benefits for part time staff that includes annual bonuses, continuing education certification programs (Academy for the Certification of Brain Injury Specialists), and employee referral bonuses.
A qualified individual MUST possess:
• Bachelor's degree in Psychology or other Human Services field
• Experience working with individuals with disabilities
• A reliable car, valid license, and responsible driving record
• The ability to work a flexible schedule
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Creativity, initiative, flexibility and time management skills
• The ability to work well with a team
All Staff will experience cutting edge training on evidence based cognitive rehab practices, including a continuing education certification program through the Academy for the Certification of Brain Injury Specialists.
Opportunities abound! All Staff participate in routine supervision and training, with a focus on fine tuning the clinical skills required while serving unique populations.
Be a part of the growing field of Cognitive Rehabilitation, with opportunity for growth in a supportive work environment, while working for the leading provider of Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy for over 30 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MLRA maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. We hire, train, promote, and compensate employees on the basis of personal competence and potential for advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability or citizenship.
A leader in home & community based Cognitive Rehabilitation for children and adults with cognitive impairments; Main Line Rehabilitation Associates is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with acquired brain injury, autism, and other neurological diagnoses, including cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis.