JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Total oversight for all facets of assigned conferences/conventions/expos/programs/meetings. Responsibilities will include speaker management, all meeting logistics, oversee creation of on non-marketing digital and print materials specific to the meeting, vendor contract negotiation, budget creation/reconciliation, and complete oversight of all meeting components including on-time program agenda development.
· Participate in and/or lead program-specific committees though overall event management process.
· Ensure a detailed schedule of all essential activities and deadlines are maintained following assignment meeting.
· Oversee administration for post-event enduring meeting activities when appropriate. Responsibilities will include facilitation of video interview content edits, updating of existing text copy, and ensuring timely posting/launch of on-line content through IT department.
· When applicable, partner with major medical associations for execution of CME/CE satellite symposia following all rules/restrictions in accordance with association guidelines.
· Management of full-time, in-house Program Coordinator(s) or Associate Program Manager(s) including coaching and development, workload/flow, annual performance reviews, and strategic planning.
· Potentially serve as a member of the Live Events Management Team.
· Work with and supervise contracted vendors in conjunction with Program Managers and Program Coordinator to optimize the execution of their services.
· Liaise with internal team and business development staff for smooth transition of contacts/agreements/expectations with supporters.
· Onsite management of all phases of assigned live meetings and events.
· Additional projects and activities as assigned.
· Development of meeting-related processes as requested.
· Attend departmental/company meetings
· Attend site visits as needed
· Participate in on-going training and development
· Ability to manage a variety of live event programs including large, multi-faceted conferences, conventions and expos, single and multi-day conferences, symposia, CME/CE satellite symposia, large high-profile receptions, and sales meetings.
· Experienced in all aspects of meeting planning including contracting, venue/logistics management, transportation, audio visual, food & beverage, shipping and on-site execution management
· Proven experience coaching and developing high-performing teams
· Extensive interfacing with speakers
· Hyper-focused on the “attendee experience” and related outcomes
· Experienced with budget development and reconciliation process
· Organized, creative, and efficient
· Strong customer service orientation and ability to act diplomatically
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proven ability to work under deadline pressure, both independently and as part of a team
· Strict attention to detail
· Excellent problem-solving skills with proactive approach to things
· Ability to travel/work during the week and on weekends (up to 20%)
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
· Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Location/Region: Cranbury, NJ