East West Connection is seeking a Meeting Planner Concierge with 6 - 8 years experience to work in our client's Conference Center in Summit, New Jersey. East West Connection offer competetive salary, paid vacations, holidays, 5 sick days, contributory medical plans, 401K, LTD, STD, and Life.
This position is primarily responsible for interacting with client at all levels of management at the client’s facility. This position is also responsible for working closely with other key staff positions within East West Connection (EWC) by performing the following duties and complying to EWC SOP’S outlined for the Client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create a master meeting schedule within a calendar tool as required
- Reserve meeting space for each event - (written and in person where possible)
- Maintain calendar
- Provide meeting registration and attendee management through Celgene’s Cvent instance
- Oversee room set-up and clean up
- Provide coverage for events as required
- Develop, coordinate and implement meetings/events from inception request through completion reconciliation – Stand up Meetings and Confirmations
- Manage project timeline and ensure delivery of all events in accordance with client-defined compliance guidelines – Stand Up Meetings and /confirmations
- Attend Daily Stand-Up Meetings and Weekly Campus Updates to review all assigned program logistics and ensure what is being distributed is accurate for all cross functional departments.
- Create detailed Meeting Confirmations (Express and Complex) highlighting details for each program and ensure program details/agenda are being shared with Cross Functional Departments.
- Oversee AV needs for each event
- Provide recommendations and assist with the arrangement of activities and entertainment/décor as requested by the meeting owner, recreational activities, and décor/accessories to support events
- Manage on-site meeting operations including hospitality desk and on-site staff during events from pre-open to post-close
- Establish personal rapport and engage with client representatives, meeting requestor and/or planning team to develop relationships and gain a clear understanding of client needs and expectations
- Provide guidance for all meeting communications and meeting materials inclusive of registration site, invitations, confirmations, agendas, briefing books, meeting-specific content materials, promotional materials, etc. as required
- Perform planning site inspections on-site to ensure space meets client requirements
- Connects meeting host to vendor sourcing (excluding hotel) and assists in managing relationships with vendors, hotel staff, and other partners to ensure delivery of services as defined by client and meets the needs of Celgene
- Engage appropriate speakers and Key Opinion Leaders for meetings. Assist with coordination and logistics.
- Maintain actual attendance counts for meetings and events by recording reservations and cancellations in Cvent
- Assist in providing guidance for management of Meeting Coordinator, Facilities Coordinator, on-site staff, and other assigned staff
- Collaborate and provide meeting details/specifications to the Facilities team for set up and other meeting requirements
- Monitor expenses to the budget while planning all events
- Reconcile all program expenses and bills in the final accounting and post-program reconciliation of each event
Location/Region: Summit, N.J.