Ardmore Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced and outgoing person to lead and develop our veterinary technician team as our Lead Veterinary Technician. Our hospital is AAHA accredited busy, progressive small animal day practice with 7 doctors located in Ardmore, PA. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional medical care, educating our clients and helping animals live longer, healthier lives. This is a working supervisory role with responsibilities that will include but are not limited:
· Provide guidance and coaching to the medical and surgical technicians on all aspects of their current role.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding patient status/treatment, client information and other sensitive clinic operations.
· Support and follow policies and procedures set by the Practice Manger and Lead Veterinarian
· Work closely and collaboratively with the Practice Manager to identify, create and implement opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures for the clinic operation.
· Perform the following leadership functions for direct reports:
o Monitor and document performance.
o Provide real time feedback regarding performance and participate in annual performance review sessions.
o Mentor and provide ongoing coaching for each individual team member to reach their potential.
o Disciplinary action up to verbal counseling.
· Cultivate good team building practices through good communication, sharing information, and working to achieve goals. Lead by example.
· Promote a quick but thorough pace of the clinical day.
· Develop and implement a training program for all new veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants on all aspects of their role and provide feedback on performance.
· Schedule and conduct routine meetings with the Veterinary Technician Team to train and instill successful communication and practices with the whole hospital team
· Substitute for absent staff and perform tasks that insure the day’s work is supported and completed.
5+ years of previous veterinary technician experience including dental, anesthesia and surgical knowledge. Management experience is preferred. Veterinary Technician Certification is highly preferred.
Ardmore Animal Hospital is an established, small animal practice since 1937. Our large practice of 7 doctors and 12 technicians is AAHA accredited and have proudly been awarded Best of Mainline animal hospital for our 18th year in a row. Our services include well visits and preventive care, laboratory, dentistry, pain management, spay/neuter, surgery, digital radiology, ultrasound, house calls and cat boarding. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality care to our patients and the utmost in customer service to their owners. We are conveniently located right outside of Philadelphia, close to shopping, restaurants and event venues. Ardmore offers small town feel with big city advantages.