Looking for full/part time veterinary technician, certification is preferred but not required. Required would be a high school degree or equivalent as well as 1-2 years tech experience. Must be eager and willing to learn. We are a small growing practice looking for motivated individuals whom are looking to further their experiences and education in small animal practice. We see a variety of cats, dogs, rabbits, and the occasional exotic. Team members are goal oriented and task focused. We are looking to find someone to join the team that will bring ambition and willingness to learn to the table. Being a multiple doctor practice, it is important to be adaptable to how certain doctors prefer things done and their routines. Tasks included but are not limited to; setting rooms up (based on Dr. preference), breaking rooms down at the end of the day, daily maintenance of blood machines, and hospital chores such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning surfaces, dusting, and other related tasks. Must be able to lift a min of 40 lbs.
Technicians are responsible for assisting veterinarians in the care of animals. Vet techs help vets by restraining animals when necessary, preforming treatments and diagnostics, filling medications, updating medical records, and educating clients. They work behind the scenes to keep work areas stocked with supplies, clean and sterilize instruments, and ensure equipment is in working order. Vet techs assist in gathering medical history information, preform an initial evaluation of a pets overall condition, clean and wrap wounds, check vital signs, collect samples and administer medications.
Primary duties include the following:
- Collect and record patient history
- Perform routine procedures such as collect blood, nail trims, expression of anal glands, ear swabs, and more.
- Administer vaccines under Veterinarian discretion
- Enter services and products into patient's record and computer
- Assisting in surgery prep, monitoring, recovery, and cleaning
- Monitor hospitalized patients and preform treatments as requested by doctors.
- Perform laboratory tests and record results (fecal exams, urinalysis, ear cytology, etc)
- Communicate with clients before, during, and after patient visits
- Help keep all areas of the hospital clean and organized at all times.
Compensation is negotiable.