Elizabethtown College seeks an Academic Records Coordinator in the Registration and Records Department. The Academic Records Coordinator is primarily responsible for the data integrity of student academic records.
In addition, the incumbent will assist in the coordination of day-to-day operations of the office as well as support major events like graduation and registration.
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), in regards to record verification by protecting confidentiality of student records and providing education regarding FERPA to the campus;
- Maintain student records and accurate student data (i.e., name and address changes; etc.);
- Create and distribute all transcript requests (internal and electronic); review release forms and supporting documents received before processing transcript requests when appropriate;
- Prepare BCA School of Record transcript requests as requested;
- Serve as main contact for Degree Verification requests submitted through National Student Clearinghouse – Degree Verify;
- Process student files matriculating from Admissions to Registration and Records;
- Process Enrollment Verification requests submitted by students;
- Process internet submissions for updating personal identifiable information contained within the academic record;
- Handle all forms and related paperwork required for seniors and recent graduates preparing to take certification/registry exams (e.g., Education and Occupational Therapy);
- Assist in registration preparations each semester (i.e., course drops, course withdrawals, pass/ no pass registrations, grade entry) and other related tasks;
- Process Incomplete Contracts for each academic term; follow-up with students and faculty;
- Process grade changes (letter-to-letter and incompletes) according to Catalog policy;
- Serve as Event Scheduler for the Office of Registration and Records;
- Prepare correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents in support of office daily functions
Associates degree plus two years of higher-education experience, preferably in a Registrar’s office, is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with Jenzabar, Infomaker, or other related student information system software.
Employees of Elizabethtown College enjoy benefit perks such as educational benefits for themselves, spouses and dependent children; competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage; extensive holiday, vacation and sick paid time off and an annuity retirement plan.
Hours of this position are 37.5 per week; Monday-Friday 8:009am-4:30pm. Hourly range for this position is $14.00-16.00/hr.
Interested candidates may apply at:
Located in southeastern Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown College offers its 1,900 students more than 47 academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies. Driven by its commitment to “Educate for Service,” Elizabethtown centers learning in strong relationships, links classroom instruction with experiential learning, emphasizes international and cross-cultural perspectives and nurtures the capacity for lives of purpose and leadership as global citizens. For more information, consult www.etown.edu.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Elizabethtown College is seeking candidates who will enhance the diversity of its faculty, staff, and administration.
Location/Region: Elizabethtown, PA