Elizabethtown College seeks an Assistant Director of Admissions for Hispanic and Latino Recruitment for the Admissions Department. The primary purpose of this position will perform a variety of duties related to the recruitment and selection of applicants to Elizabethtown College, with primary emphasis being in the recruitment of Hispanic and Latino Students.
- Work with the Admissions leadership team to formulate and enact a recruitment plan to enroll Hispanic and Latino students;
- Work with the Associate Director of Admissions and representatives from the Office of Marketing and Communication in order to ensure that publications, select pages on the College’s website, and communications are translated into Spanish;
- Correspond with prospective students, applicants, parents, guidance counselors, community leaders, grass roots organizations, and others seeking information about Elizabethtown College;
- Independently manage the recruitment and enrollment of students from a designated recruitment territory;
- Analyze qualifications of prospective students in accordance with standards used in the admissions office; make recommendations regarding admissibility;
- Conduct on and off campus interviews of prospective students and parents;
- Visit secondary schools and other educational institutions and organizations within designated areas as appropriate to existing recruitment plans; develop targeted travel schedules; conduct meetings with students, counselors, parents, and others expressing interest in Elizabethtown College;
- Represent Elizabethtown College to local, state and national audiences;
- As required, develop reports and materials to correspond to efforts to include assessment of programs.
Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of admissions experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This individual will have a mastery of the Spanish language, being fluent in both the spoken and written form and will be able to translate current messages and publications into Spanish.
This position requires a valid driver’s license for business travel purposes (individual must have a US driver’s license for at least three years; a motor vehicle record check will be run and the incumbent must pass the College’s MVR rating system).
Hours of this position are 37.5 per week; Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Employees of Elizabethtown College enjoy benefit perks such as educational benefits for themselves, spouses and dependent children; competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage; extensive holiday, vacation and sick paid time off and an annuity retirement plan.
Interested candidates may apply at: http://etown.peopleadmin.com/postings/1600
Located in southeastern Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown College offers its 1,900 students more than 47 academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies. Driven by its commitment to “Educate for Service,” Elizabethtown centers learning in strong relationships, links classroom instruction with experiential learning, emphasizes international and cross-cultural perspectives and nurtures the capacity for lives of purpose and leadership as global citizens. For more information, consult www.etown.edu.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Elizabethtown College is seeking candidates who will enhance the diversity of its faculty, staff, and administration.
Location/Region: Elizabethtown, PA