Position Title: Junior Producer Department: Production
The following description is intended as a general statement of the nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive representation of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Position Summary Statement:
The Producer manages the life cycle of virtual events from inception through to the deliverables. The role’s responsibilities are equally divided between client interaction and technical execution:
- Guide Clients through the planning process of their event
- Qualify appropriate labor and source necessary gear while being mindful of profit margins
- Main client contact and crew lead onsite
- Knowledge of Audio, Video, and Photo editing
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, Static IPs, Proxys
- Knowledge of the Audio and Video feeds, and signal flows
- Interested in consistently researching the industry to implement new technology
- Ability to travel 40%, flexible to work nights and weekends
- Self-motivated to meet tight deadlines
This position will be responsible for the successful implementation, execution and completion of the above mentioned work streams; with a focus on accuracy, efficiency, profitability, quality and timeliness. This position establishes processes for scheduling projects, managing workflow, tracking individual project progress while fielding questions and communicating with clients. This position will interface with multiple internal departments, levels of management and the client to define critical path, time frame and resources necessary for each project.
The Producer will be the event ‘owner’, with the responsibility to satisfy the required requests on-time, within budget and to the ultimate satisfaction on the client.
The specific personal characteristics/ skills of the successful candidate for this position include the following:
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism in business dealings
- Action oriented, with a high energy level and a can-do attitude
- Able to work both independently on behalf of their function and collaboratively with other functional leaders
- An analytical approach to identifying problems and solution opportunities
- Flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness, particularly as it relates to reacting to fast-changing client needs & IT challenges
- An ability to deal with operational /client issues quickly and proactively, with calm confidence
- Ability to roll up his/her sleeves and be an individual contributor when needed
Position interfaces with several levels of management, all associates, programming, vendors, and most importantly client customers. The Producer works closely with the members of the production department and reports into the Manager of Operations.
A strong customer service skill set and technical expertise is required. Additionally, previous virtual event experience is required.
PharMethod, an innovative company that partners with pharmaceutical clients to provide full service support for the execution of speaker bureaus, event management, and e-training