The Quality Inspector is responsible to ensure the highest possible quality of all products manufactured by the Wheel Division. The position requires that all facets of the production inspection process be monitored including, but not limited to, raw material certifications, in-process quality controls, and final inspections.
- Inspect all incoming raw materials to ensure their integrity and that all material specifications have been met.
- Ensure that all products being shipped are inspected within quality standards and recorded into the system with all of the necessary information.
- Perform CMM inspection on setup parts and parts coming from in-process production as needed for sampling.
- Monitor the preparation of all shop work orders, travelers, in-process inspection forms, and related documentation to ensure that they are consistent with the ISO standards as stated in the company’s quality manual.
- Monitor all quality control inspections throughout the production process to ensure that the company is in compliance with its internal quality standards, as well as those set forth in our ISO – 9001-2008 quality manual.
- Ensure that all quality-measuring devices are calibrated regularly per our internal standard.
- Keep files of all production jobs and the raw materials records and quality control reports related to each job.
- Issue the final inspection report and/or sign off for each job completed in the shop.
- Communicate all quality issues to management in a timely manner, along with recommendations for any corrective actions that may be necessary.
- Perform paint line inspections as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a production machining environment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, 1st article inspections, receiving, shipping, and painting inspection.
- PPAP experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Manual inspection experience. Proficient using micrometers, calipers, height gages, and all standard shop measuring tools.
- CMM Operator/Programmer experience a plus Hexagon PCdimis software.
Hutchinson Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To provide engineered mobility solutions for all wheeled combat and off-road vehicles. Hutchinson’s customer-oriented philosophy allows us to provide responsive support to our customers, from prototyping and low-rate production through full production, with products that are custom suited to the customers’ needs. Innovative design and development concepts allow us to meet a wide variety of needs that support retrofitting to existing vehicles and maximizing the performance of new vehicles, while also meeting the demands of tomorrow’s lighter but more survivable combat vehicles.
Location/Region: Trenton, NJ (US)