INSTALLATION, REPAIR, AND MAINTENANCE FIELD
SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ. (07080)
If you are good with hand tools and would like a job as part of a service team working on site at our customer locations (Northeast U.S.) our position may be of interested. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, eagerness to learn and the desire to do quality work. Specific training will be provided to learn how to repair low temperature, high-pressure cryogenic and industrial gas equipment for Northeast Services, Inc., an Acme Cryogenics, Inc., Company located in South Plainfield, NJ.
Acme Cryogenics, Inc. headquartered in Allentown, PA is North America’s leading manufacturer of cryogenic gas piping equipment and systems with a proud history of innovation, responsive customer service and responsible environmental stewardship. We provide engineering, design, fabrication, installation and repair services to the Food Packaging, Pharmaceutical, Semi-Conductor, Medical Gas Pipe, Cryo/Bio, and Industrial Gases industries
Background experience in auto repair, mechanic helper, cable or fiber optic installation or repair, copier repair, pipe fitter, light plumbing, phone system installation or repair, machine repair or maintenance, or electronic control troubleshooting are among some skills that are advantageous.
Performing work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations responsible for repairing low temperature, high-pressure cryogenic and industrial gas equipment at customers’ sites in adverse outdoor conditions. Individual will be part of a service team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Based on mechanical/technical knowledge of industrial gas equipment, install, assemble, troubleshoot, fit, test, recondition and repair parts and components using precision tools and equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair cryogenic freezers, electronic controls and systems
- Troubleshoot electronic controls; work with PLCs
- As necessary, communicate with customers regarding progress of projects
- Complete and maintain detailed records of repairs and all work performed using computer system
- Individual must be to work at heights on a ladder and be able to travel
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Must have HS diploma/GED;
- Mathematics and PC skills required;
- Ability to read, interpret and work with complex parts and assembly drawings;
- Must be able to use precision measuring tools and equipment;
- Experience/capability to troubleshoot electronic controls and systems which includes working on laptop to diagnose problems;
- Verbal and interpersonal skills required to interface with customers;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured as a driver under the company’s policy;
- Frequent travel in Northeastern US required via car, with possibility of travel by air; length of travel will vary from 1 to 5 days.
CRAFTS OR SKILLS TO QUALIFY FOR POSITION: (At least two to qualify)
- 2 to 4 years of troubleshooting, installation and repair work;
- 2 to 4 years' experience in pipe fitting or plumbing industrial environment;
- 2 to 4 years of cryogenic/industrial gas experience;
- 2 to 4 years’ experience with electronic controls with phone systems, copiers, or scientific equipment;
- 2 to 4 years’ experience with cable TV and fiber optic installation;
- Crane and rigging experience;
- Must be capable of completing tasks unassisted at customer locations;
- Proficiency related to hands-on experience testing and repairing electrical devices and installations;
- Proficiency related to vacuum work and mass spectrometer applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Work performed is indoors and outdoors in varying and potentially adverse conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee should be comfortable working on ladders at heights. The employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
“Acme Cryogenics is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer” "Acme values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. Acme supports the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses.”
Location/Region: South Plainfield, NJ