The dotBible Communications Senior Manager will manage, refine and execute all marketing and communication strategy for the DotBible Registry and provide regular communication to an audience of internal and external partners, registrars and registrants. This person will dedicate 100% of their time to dotBible working with outsourced providers, partners and agencies to augment and sustain our core messaging to ensure dotBible engagement, registrations, and revenue targets are met. The dotBible initiative is helping to shape the future of the internet as the new dot com for all things Bible and plays an important role in our plans to see 100M people actively engaging the Bible and 100% of translations completed by 2026 (www.get.bible).
- Manage and coordinate dotBible messaging to ensure consistency, driving towards a handful of key operating messages. Coordinates all brand-related communications with ABS Communications and Marketing teams.
- Implement dotBible marketing and communications campaigns by working with marketing leads to set campaign goals; prepare campaign strategies, plans and objectives; plan and organize content in various formats; and report insights and results derived from data.
- Serve registrars and equip and empower this outside sales force to sell dotBible domain names.
- Write, edit and coordinate between dotBible and other internal ABS departments as it relates to all media, publications, and communication efforts.
- Public facing representative to the media and with partners.
- Manage dotBible internal and external communications and brand in collaboration with partners, media, consultants, marketing, and dotBible vendors serving as the unit's voice to educate various stakeholders.
- Create ongoing development of dotBible collateral and promotional materials. Develop appropriate communications strategy, presentations, videos, and other media and marketing materials to educate registrars, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of dotBible Registry Operations with the development of a RFP process and domain contest grant program for awarding dotBible domains.
- Vet opportunities for the dotBible team and capture conversations through shared relationship management tools.
- Gather and write about dotBible partner engagement stories for www.nic.bible.
- Sign off on all communication pieces including print, websites, and layouts for publications.
- Work with outside partners and Christian media outlets to mobilize their audiences to engage with Scripture through dotBible.
- Other duties as assigned including acting as a public facing representative to the media as needed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/TRAITS: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INDIVIDUAL MUST POSSESS
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Proficiency in all MS-Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Understand best practices and industry trends for content marketing
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge with email marketing tools, such as Mail chimp and Google Analytics and web metrics
- Strong collaborative skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Strong writing and/or copyediting skills preferred
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop, inDesign or other design tools
- Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years' of related experience including web, social media, and email marketing
- Knowledge of the Christian market and helpful to have experience working in fundraising, ecommerce, and ministry environments.
- Office location Philadelphia, PA
- Requires moderate travel including international trips
We are of the oldest and most respected Christian charities in the world. Strong, competent leadership that is supportive of your professional development. For over 200 years of ongoing ministry, American Bible Society invites people to experience the life-changing message of the Bible. We collaborate with financial partners to equip Christian churches and national Bible Societies to share Word in the United States and around the globe, so that all people can have a loving and restorative relationship with Jesus Christ.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)