SCE Environmental Group, Inc. (SCE) is looking to hire a Project (Civil) Engineer with a specific set of skills and education to join our growing company. We are looking for an individual who has the ability to multitask while working in a Team environment. Candidate will be responsible to self-perform daily, weekly, and monthly job tasks that will aid in the overall function of a construction project. This candidate will also assist Estimator, Project Managers and Project Superintendents on a variety of tasks with regard to demolition, environmental and construction related projects Nationwide.
The following job tasks will be required with this position:
- Attend all types of construction meetings, bid meetings, and conferences.
- Act as Project Engineer on projects throughout the United States
- Assist Estimator and Field Superintendents as needed with technical or administrative duties.
- Correspond with sub-contractors.
- Correspond with professional architects, engineers and consultants.
- Correspond with the owners and/or owner representatives of projects.
- Review and submit all project documents, including permits, construction drawings, shop drawings, material submittals, RFI's, change orders, and typical construction procurements logs, paperwork and communications.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintain project schedule(s) by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Control project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain project database by utilizing computer software; entering and backing up data.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Civil
- Very detailed and organized
- Accounting experience a plus
- Scheduling experience
- Must have Microsoft Experience (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Take-off Experience a plus
- CADD Experience required
- Blueprint Reading required
We are looking for an energetic person who is detail oriented and can work in a fast pace environment. We are willing to mentor and train this candidate.
Established in 2000, SCE was founded with the intent to offer safe, cost effective environmental services at the highest level of customer satisfaction. Once created, SCE emerged in the Eastern United States as a full service environmental contracting company.
SCE is a Pennsylvania based full service environmental company performing environmental remediation, oil & gas services, demolition, abatement, waste management, and industrial services both Nationally and Internationally.
Since our founding, SCE has completed projects in 38 US States. In 2002, SCE completed its first international project in Taiwan. Since then, SCE has worked in Canada, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Nicaragua, Togo, Kuwait, and Venezuela and continues to grow its international business.
SCE was named the 13th Fastest Growing Environmental Services Company in America by Inc. Magazine and was named #1066 of the Top 5000 Small Business in America. Additionally, SCE was awarded the Bronze Medal from The Environmental Business Journal for excellence in environmental remediation.
SCE has completed projects ranging from an $13.5M complex soil excavation project to a six-mile pipeline project to a multi-state UST Program. All SCE projects are done with Safety as Job One.
Since 2000, SCE has evolved from a small remediation firm to one of the largest environmental construction companies in Pennsylvania. With over 200+ OSHA trained personnel and a fleet of heavy equipment, SCE is a true turn-key contractor.
Location/Region: Lake Ariel, PA (US)