Senior Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling primarily second level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. The position will also be responsible for ticket escalation. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise and Paylocity as they occur.
Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems. Citrix and VMWare experience helpful.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Microsoft and Citrix Certification preferred but not required.
- 2 years of IT with an MSP or related experience.
· Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
· Performance based incentives.
· Full on the job training & support.
· Fun working environment and culture.
· Great opportunity for advancement.
Founded 30 years ago, Systems Solution, Inc. (SSI) is a trusted resource for professional IT support and market-leading cloud technologies. We provide cutting-edge technology with dependable, agile support. Our sterling reputation in the Philadelphia area is evidence of our dedication to our clients. Beyond innovative solutions, our commitment to our clients has made us a trusted technology partner for organizations beyond the Mid-Atlantic region.
The solutions and services we provide serve a greater function than simply keeping your business operational. We encompass everything you need to deliver a company-wide, unified solution or offer customized support for a stand-alone initiatives.