*Class A CDL Required*
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday with alternating weekend
Local Deliveries / 1-ton diesel pick up (dually) with gooseneck trailer
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailer rental along with on-site equipment delivery. The large equipment fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial work platform equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, shop techs, and VIP Delivery Technicians and customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
Delivery Service Technician’s (DST) role is to deliver rental equipment to our customers and provide basic operations training on the proper and appropriate use. Since the DST is the frontline and face of our rental business, professionalism, strong communication skills, and a service orientation are key requirements for this role. Additionally, the DST will be responsible for preventative maintenance and cleaning rental equipment prior to and after each rental delivery.
Ensures daily rental readiness of equipment through visual inspection and methodical preventative maintenance to ensure operational safety
Performs troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment and makes basic repairs
Local delivery to and pick up of rental equipment and supplies from customer location
Demonstration of proper and safe equipment operation to customers on delivery
Accurately obtain required signatures on rental contracts
Ability to leverage other members of field service teams to ensure deliveries are made on time and without failure
Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
Complete proper check-in and check-out procedures at equipment depot
Participate in training events
Perform other duties assigned by the Area Rental Manager or authorized personnel
- Prior experience in safe operation of construction machinery within rental industry, and working understanding of load securement and transport
- Ability to conduct preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and make minor mechanical repairs to equipment
- Valid CDL Class A and DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card)
- Knowledge of and/or have experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
- Safe driving record
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines.
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, doing what is necessary to exceed customer expectations
- Communicate effectively with management and peers
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances (weather, traffic)
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Class A CDL certification
- Prior training with similar commercial equipment
- Two (2) years’ experience operating commercial vehicles
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs safely
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.
The Home Depot Rental (Large Equipment Rental and Compact Power Equipment Services) is based in Fort Mill, SC. We are a team of 800+ talented associates based across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Comprised of highly trained professional technicians, we provide comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. Additionally, we offer large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery.