We are seeking an Assistant Controller to become an integral part of our team!
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for financial reporting and accounting operations. The Assistant Controller will perform general accounting work for the company including supervising accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll; and other reporting and accounting needs as requested by management.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and communicate findings of all internal financial statements and reports for owner review, including budget and financial forecasts.
- Manage financial risk, reviewing contracts and insurance coverages, researching options and negotiating terms for presentation to owners.
- Foster ongoing banking and surety relationships.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, and analyze and reconcile expense and revenue accounts.
- Supervise and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll functions and IT systems.
- Assist with special projects as requested by President and Executive team.
- Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Serve as primary contact for external accountants.
- Provide information requests as required and communicate with vendors, customers, stockholders, external CPA team, insurance entities and legal counsel.
- Ability to effectively present information to internal and external groups.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Customer service focused.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Experience with Sage software a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a 4-year college or university. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 5-Plus years of experience in management accounting and financial reporting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus.
- 3-Plus years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working in the construction industry a plus.
- Experience working with Union reporting a plus.
Mid-sized HVAC Commercial Construction Company with a 30-year history. Office resides on first floor of a 2-story office building with plenty of windows and scenery. Convenient on and off of major highways in suburban area near Philadelphia. Opportunity to grow within a team environment.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)