The Buyer is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and negotiating with suppliers for manufacturing needs.
Responsible for supply chain resources
- Develops and executes strategic cost reduction tactics
- Identifies and evaluates domestic and overseas sourcing opportunities
- Ongoing reviews of performance of existing suppliers with respect to delivery, quality, price, PPV etc…
- Negotiates contract terms with suppliers
- Initiates and ensures non disclosure agreements are current, complete and documented
Creates contractual medium and long term purchase orders which includes:
- Quantities, time duration, price, and overall terms
- Delivery and payment
- Establishes prices in ERP system - Epicor
Intercompany Purchase Orders
- Ensures sales orders and purchase orders are synchronized
- Processes drop ship purchase orders with other VMC business units
- Receives material on intercompany PO’s and shipping documents
Ensure material transactions are executed timely, properly and accurately
- Resolves invoice and receiver discrepancies
- Partners with Finance to resolve payment issues and discrepancies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience purchasing/supply chain experience within a manufacturing industry
- Proficiency with ERP systems - Epicor a plus
- Strong negotiation skills with suppliers and vendors.
- Exposure to Kaizen events or Six Sigma continuous improvement
- Detail oriented
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
For over 10 decades, The VMC Group has been recognized as a world leader in the design and manufacture of vibration isolation, seismic control and shock protection products.
Our comprehensive product and engineering solutions cover a variety of industries – commercial construction, industrial/vehicular, OEM and military/aerospace. Our full range of spring, elastomeric architectural mounts, wire rope isolators, curbs and bases are proven to meet and exceed specifications for any seismic, non-seismic, shock, or even bomb blast application.
The VMC Group’s project managers and engineers are best known for working closely with our customers to exceed their expectations in the design, development and manufacturing of solutions for a specific application need. Whether the challenge is to solve a vibration isolation issue for a new piece of equipment or manage a seismic energy spec for a building structure, your VMC team works closely with your project group to engineer solutions to ensure years of superior resilience and isolation integrity.
We call this philosophical approach The Power of TogetherTM, and it defines the partnering relationship you can expect when you work with our firm. We are In It With You. That’s why our company and each of our brands have emerged as and continue to be world leaders.
Location/Region: Bloomingdale, NJ (US)