AURA TECHNOLOGIES, LLC (AURA) is an advanced technology, research & development (R&D) company creating game-changing innovations for the US Department of Defense in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and in other systems-level implementation of cutting-edge technology. We are creating advanced intelligent power systems for the US Army; unconventional tactical lights for the US Marines; revolutionary satellite manufacturing for the US Air Force; and a range of AI platforms for DoD implementation, including AI systems that streamline logistics to the field and AI systems that increase reliability of orbital projections. These are just some examples of our diverse projects. AURA partners with some of the best companies in the world, such as Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin. We also collaborate with the best and brightest at our Nation’s universities, including Georgia Tech and NC State University.
If you are a smart, capable and talented individual who: possesses high integrity, thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants to chart your own course based on your capabilities, and is willing to be accountable for failures and successes…then continue reading because you may be the ideal candidate to join our exponentially-growing, R&D business.
AURA has an immediate opening for a full-time CBM+ Data Scientist to work in the Picatinny Arsenal, NJ area. The successful CBM+ Data Scientist incumbent will perform duties commensurate with the following:
- Analyze multi-system databases, standardize, normalize and format data.
- Investigate methods of data representation/visualization.
- Identify effective ways to display data/information related to Naval Aviation CBM+ activities.
- Extract valuable information from large data sets including representative data, operating cycles, and degradation/performance features.
- Craft high value features from raw sensor and maintenance data for diagnostic/prognostic model development.
- Work in a team environment to create/visualize/utilize features that characterize aircraft maintenance performance, develop simplified test models (diagnostics, and/or prognostics), and assist in the determination of best diagnostics and prognostics methodologies to impact aircraft readiness/sustainability.
- Engage with AI algorithm developers to effectively transition discovered knowledge into model capabilities.
- Provide data and recommendations for algorithm development, testing, validation and model feedback.
- Train DoD personnel on how to interpret results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CBM+ Data Scientist will be working working in a laboratory environment located on base focusing on the following primary (overlapping) categories:
- Big data applications and analysis (incl. dimensionality reduction)
- Designing diagnostic/prognostic outcomes as defined by customer
- Data pre-processing (scrubbing, transformation, etc.)
- Feature extraction/engineering (incl. unsupervised methods for big data)
You will be skilled in the areas of software development, algorithm development, and data visualization. This will include experience developing programs and methodologies that are open, extensible, and reusable in order to better support future Navy applications. You’ll also have context awareness for CBM applications, and experience with integration into diagnostic and prognostic model designs.
The incumbent will work side by side with other team members to provide technical direction and recommendations on how to standardize, normalize and format data; extract valuable features related to equipment health/performance; prepare data for export for algorithm development and diagnostic and prognostic analytics; and train personnel on how to use analytics in a production environment. He/She will support literature reviews and research, proposal writing, market and technology assessments, etc.
The CBM+ Data Scientist must be capable of working in a fast-paced, work environment that requires exceptional attention, and tackle and foresee new tasks and challenges. The successful candidate will perform complex assessments of technology and science, interface with DoD personnel, Defense Contractors, and researchers from other companies and universities, prepare expertly crafted R&D plans and incorporate those into proposals prepared for the DoD. The ability to exercise independent judgment and plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload is required. The ability to anticipate needs and act on them is critical.
***Applicants must be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance, which generally requires U.S. Citizenship and a clean criminal record.***
• Experience with complex data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies.
• Proficient understanding of creating novel CBM+ algorithms that could apply to aircraft maintenance diagnostics and
• Proficient experience extracting and engineering features that are highly correlated with equipment degradation/performance.
• Awareness of AWS/Cloud Big Data computing design, provisioning, and tuning
• Knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.).
• Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques.
• Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams.
• Strong project management experience, working with cross-functional teams on big data projects.
• Ability to mentor and train others to use and maintain developed tools/applications.
• (Preferred, but not required) Experience with DoD CBM+ applications. Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM),
Vector, HUMS data.
• (Preferred, but not required) Experience or knowledge of Navy and Marine Corp Aircraft weapon systems (V-22, H-60, P-8, F-18,
H-53, H-1, E-2, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• Excellent professional references.
• Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS WORK (**Please follow these directions carefully.**):
Write a carefully crafted, well-written cover letter that elaborates on your interest in this position and why you think you are the best candidate for the job. Any submission with a generic cover letter will be rejected with no review of the CV.
Submit your cover letter, CV and three professional references in PDF format ONLY via e-mail to HR@aura-tech.us. **Very important** in the subject line of the email write out the following (without the quotes) “JOB215 - YOUR LAST NAME – FIRST NAME.”
Any attachments must be in PDF format or will not be opened due to virus concerns. No phone calls after submission. We will let candidates know via automated reply that we have received their resumes and will contact them if there is a good fit after the closing date for this job.
AURA Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affirmative action employer of veterans protected under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistant Act (VEVRAA). We are a Drug Free Workplace and thus, all job offers are contingent on successful criminal background check and drug screen. As a US Federal Contractor, AURA uses the Department of Homeland Security e-Verify system to determine eligibility to legally work in the United States.