By choosing an opportunity with Global Tax Management (GTM), you will join a culture like no other in the accounting field. Our environment is entrepreneurial, our business model is unique, and our teams are collaborative. We are a growing office that is motivated and energized to bring our unique client service model and technological focus to the marketplace.
The Senior Data Analyst draws on prior experience in accounting, taxation and automation to provide Sales Tax consulting services to GTMs corporate clients. The Senior Data Analyst uses advanced methodology for data retrieval and manipulation to support sales tax audits, invoice transaction reviews, and streamline repetitive tasks. This position will analyze and aggregate data from multiple sources to assist GTM in performing detailed examination of client transactions. The Senior Data Analyst should have experience as a Sales Tax Professional and will gain with sales tax issues, perform sales tax research, prepare taxability matrices, and document such sales tax determinations.
GTM is an employee owned organization (ESOP), specializing in tax services for multi-national Fortune 1000 and SEC corporate clients. By understanding our clients' business strategies, we provide a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet their needs.
- Perform data gathering activities including transaction data and supporting documentation in an electronic media format
- Perform document storage/retrieval and hyperlinking of invoice images to line items in transaction data spreadsheets
- Implement repetitive process streamlining through development of complex data queries, pivot tables, macros, and V-look up functions
- Design, build, and maintain client-specific data warehouse, including generation of customized reports on a periodic or ad hoc basis
- Organize and maintain large, complex client datasets and reports using MS Excel, MS Access, GTM web data system, GTM data warehouse, and SharePoint
- Supervise and mentor a team of 1-3 professionals
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of relevant experience, consulting background a plus
- Working knowledge of tax research tools such as CCH, TTR, etc.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
- Basic understanding of various tax and ERP software products, such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive individual with ability to independently find new solutions and add efficiency to existing processes
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
GTM offers a competitive compensation/benefit package which includes participation in the ESOP, continuing education, annual bonus, and comprehensive benefits.