Your Tasks and Responsibilities
Warehouse picking and packing supports the daily flow of demand from orders generated by sales for shipping, returns generated by QC & Purchasing to send back to suppliers and support of incoming product to inventory, for repack and shipment. Operates forklift to pull product and put product away safely.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing and verifying requests against allocation of orders.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Determine which outgoing parts need special attention based on customer requirements such as: Inspections, required paperwork with shipment, special boxing, etc.
- Follows proper procedures when pulling and packing to ensure condition of parts (no rust) proper part (identification) quantity of part and any packing instructions are followed and met.
- Ensures accurate flow of paperwork to appropriate location.
- Works well in a team setting
- Possesses sound organization and planning skills
- Manages time well
- Has warehouse equipment knowledge as it pertains to repair and maintenance
- Forklift experience/certification
- Possesses ability to operate computer system with proficiency - Compliant Pro, Great Plains, etc.
Minimum High school diploma
Equipment and Working Conditions:
- Some occasional travel as prescribed
- Sitting 5% of time, standing and movement 95% of time
Thruway offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and PTO.
Thruway Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a proud employer of United States military veterans.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our hiring process.
Thruway is one of the leading distributors of industrial products. Each day, we empower hundreds of original equipment manufacturers in 32 states and 28 countries to increase efficiency, drive growth, and rapidly respond to unique businesses challenges and opportunities. Thruway utilizes custom technology applications and vast industry specific knowledge to develop unique and flexible product management solutions
Location/Region: Pittston, PA