The Major Gifts Officer furthers Guthries mission by securing philanthropic support, specifically by identifying and soliciting major gifts from individual donors, corporations and foundations.
The Major Gifts Officer must clearly articulate a compelling need for funding to advance the mission of health care services, education and research at Guthrie. The position requires above average skills in persuasion and presentation to foster a desirable impression of Guthrie in the community and impact Resource Developments fund raising goals.
This position is also responsible for creating and managing a portfolio of corporate and private foundations in order to generate financial support; and, will be responsible for coordinating and executing the writing of proposals and reporting outcomes.
Essential Functions include:
- Leads prospect cultivation of patients and their families through specific programs such as Grateful Patient and partnerships with Guthrie physicians and other providers who can initiate the dialogue with their patients about leaving a legacy at Guthrie.
- Manages the portfolio of emerging and major gift prospects and donors which includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation of such donors and prospects. This position arranges and guides every aspect of the solicitation process within the donor pool.
- Responds with appropriate and timely customer service to all inquiries from donors, corporate donors/constituents and provide special attention as needed.
- Identifies corporations and foundations for specific engagement/partnership building which leads to funding opportunities through grants or special gifts. This may include face-to-face meetings, generating letters of intent, responding to requests for proposals, and reports on outcomes.
- Coordinates with Guthrie Marketing Specialist, all collaterals to ensure each is persuasive and appropriate for the various audiences. The Senior Development Officer will ensure communications are appropriately distributed to various target audiences.
Location/Region: Sayre, PA (18840)