The Senior Director of Development/Assistant Campaign Manager is
responsible for the supervision of major gifts, annual giving,
planned giving, and corporate and foundation relations functions.
The Senior Director builds, maintains, and strengthens
relationships among the various Kutztown University constituencies.
A key member of the Foundation leadership team, the Senior Director
is instrumental in the development and execution of annual
fundraising campaigns in coordination with development staff. This
position will play a critical role as the KU Foundation embarks on
a major comprehensive fundraising campaign. We encourage applicants
to learn more about the Kutztown University Foundation by visiting:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages a personal portfolio of major gift prospects and will
serve as a liaison to one of the four colleges at KU.
- Manages development team by providing leadership, training, and
- Directs prospect management to cultivate major donor
relationships while working with the Director of Advancement
Services to ensure all development officers have appropriate
prospect portfolios and adequate research.
- Establishes research driven results for major, annual, and
planned giving programs by setting short- and long-term goals for
the development team that encourage creativity, innovation, and
growth. This position will have day to day responsibilities for the
upcoming comprehensive fundraising campaign.
- Understands the needs and priorities of donors, recognizing
past gifts and cultivating current and future gifts with the use of
data and analytics in collaboration with our stewardship team.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts routine and complex campaigns
supporting students, academic departments, and other University
- Develops strong donor and volunteer involvement by planning,
initiating, coordinating, and collaborating with various university
areas to foster and support engagement opportunities.
- Assists the Executive Director and the director of
communication and marketing with managing a multi-channel
communications plan to assure consistent unified messaging across
platforms and affiliates.
- Prepares and manages the development budget.
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years of relevant
advancement experience. A master’s degree is preferred and prior
campaign experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to
communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in a
- Thorough knowledge of standard desktop software applications
such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to learn to use Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Experience managing a team of development professionals with a
demonstrated commitment to teamwork and interest in working in a
collaborative setting within complex institutions
- Ability to relate comfortably to alumni, parents and
volunteers, as well as to faculty/staff members, administrators,
students and other staff.
- Ability to manage a defined portfolio of major gift prospects
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage several
- An understanding of Kutztown University and the Kutztown
University Foundation missions.
- Maintain current knowledge of philanthropic giving trends.
- Night and weekend work and travel is required.
Position will remain open until filled; however preference will
be given to applications received by Friday, March
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary
Kutztown University Foundation
PO Box 151
Kutztown, PA 19530
Location/Region: Kutztown, PA (19530)